Northmor girls open CC season by winning own invite
Galion’s girls team still fairly new, but getting better
Tiger golfers look for improvement over 2015
Splash park will cut hours starting Wednesday
Russ Kent: More heroin deaths; no solution in sight
- Galion and Bucyrus Police reports-Aug. 23 - 11:26 am
- Weather doesn’t deter Bratwurst Festival crowd - 5:54 pm
- Galion and Bucyrus Police reports-Aug. 22 - 12:34 pm
- Splash park will cut hours starting Wednesday - 10:19 am updated: 10:21 am.
- Russ Kent: More heroin deaths; no solution in sight - 8:23 am updated: 8:53 am.
- Russ Kent: It’s that time of year - 8:15 am updated: 8:49 am.
- Community Calendar - 8:14 am
- Nazarene church giveaway a big success - 7:05 am
- Galion, Bucyrus hospitals ‘average’ in new ranking - 7:03 am updated: 10:32 am.
- Galion and Bucyrus Police - 7:03 am
- Saturday art walk showcases local artists - 7:02 am updated: 8:59 am.
- Locals get rolling on mission to help pets with special needs - 1:41 pm updated: 6:43 pm.
- Galion and Bucyrus Police reports-Aug. 19 - 12:29 pm
- Galion man sentenced to prison for failing to register as sex offender - 9:47 am updated: 11:12 am.
- Bratwurst Festival off and running - 9:18 am
- Galion City Schools classes start Wednesday; schedules have changed - 8:04 am updated: 8:11 am.
- Changes should help traffic congestion around Galion City Schools campus - 2:59 pm updated: 3:04 pm.
- Nazarene church giveaway a big success - 1:23 pm updated: 1:35 pm.
- Galion and Bucyrus police reports-Aug. 18 - 12:22 pm
- Galion cross country teams seek a competitive edge - 10:53 am updated: 10:56 am.
- Hey Caiti: Will it happen to you? - 10:26 am updated: 10:57 am.
- Galion Police reports-Aug. 17 - 12:37 pm
- Bucyrus Police reports-Aug. 17 - 11:36 am updated: 1:57 pm.
- Crawford County Municipal Court convictions-Aug. 18 - 9:32 am
- Bratwurst Festival begins Thursday - 6:57 pm updated: 7:06 pm.
- Several Rail Crossings to Close for Upgrades - 2:33 pm
- Galion and Bucyrus Police reports - 12:42 pm
- Galion and Bucyrus Police reports-Aug. 16 - 12:07 pm
- Galion man sentenced to 3 years in prison - 12:02 pm updated: 3:12 pm.
- Want to help? RSVP to this story - 11:14 am updated: 10:33 am.
- Pay attention to school bus safety - 9:51 am updated: 3:36 pm.
- Bucyrus Redmen to play in Football Jamboree - 5:05 pm
- No ‘crypto’ cases in Galion; precautions remain a good idea - 2:24 pm updated: 2:24 pm.
- Meth lab shut down on Jackson Road - 10:38 am updated: 10:47 am.
- Galionites open antique store uptowne - 8:08 am updated: 10:34 am.
- Christian concert series at Galion downtown gazebo Aug. 27 - 8:08 am updated: 8:12 am.
- I’m a Baby Boomer? No way! - 9:59 pm updated: 8:15 am.
- Galion Police reports-Aug. 12 - 11:09 am
- Bucyrus Police reports-Aug. 12 - 10:16 am
- Crawford County Municipal Court convictions-Aug. 11 - 12:14 pm
- Galion and Bucyrus Police reports-Aug. 11 - 10:24 am
- One door closes, another opens - 2:03 pm
- New fire district aims to cover Iberia, surrounding area - 2:03 pm
- Community Calendar - 2:02 pm updated: 9:38 am.
- New Galion business will produce ammo, 10 jobs - 8:37 am updated: 10:38 am.
- Galion officer receives life-saving award - 8:14 am
- Teen girls sentenced for roles in videotaped fight - 8:08 am
- Crestline man arrested in Galion sentenced to prison - 8:08 am
- Galion and Bucyrus Police report-Aug. 9 - 11:02 am
- Galion High School orientation to be held - 9:18 am
Galion and Bucyrus Police
Galion PoliceAug. 161:12 a.m.-Adam Riley was arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence, driving under suspension and expired registration w...
Saturday art walk showcases local artists
GALION — The Brush & Palette Art Club has been around since about 1960, but not a whole lot of people are familiar with its members, nor what th...
Locals get rolling on mission to help pets with special needs
GALION — Adopting a special needs dog has inspired a Galion man to form an organization to help others.Last fall, John Lizotte and his wife Noel...
Galion and Bucyrus Police reports-Aug. 19
Galion PoliceAug. 182:25 a.m.-Branden Campbell was issued a citation for a stop sign violation in the 500 block of North East Street.10:43 a.m.-A fire...
Galion man sentenced to prison for failing to register as sex offender
BUCYRUS — A Galion man was sentenced to prison in Crawford County Common Pleas Court this week for failing to report his new address to authorities....
Bratwurst Festival off and running
BUCYRUS — The Bratwurst Festival kicked off at noon Thursday with an opening ceremony at the AEP stage on West Rensselear Street. The first day ...
Galion Area Sports Roundup
Northmor volleyball team beats Clear Fork, LucasGALION — Northmor beat Clear Fork in three games Saturday, 23-25, 25-20, and 30-28.In that match...
Galion comes up short in non-league tennis
GALION — Clear Fork beat Galion Saturday in a non-league tennis match at Heise Park, 3-2.The Tigers’ Katherine Talbott won her first singl...
Squirrel season opening soon
Sept. 1 marks the opener for squirrel season in Ohio and there is no better way to introduce a youngster to hunting. Ohio offers a very liberal and lo...
Soccer era starts at Galion High School
MARENGO — The first soccer season in Galion High School history has officially.The Tigers took on Highland on Friday — all of Galion’...
Russ Kent: It’s that time of year
It’s been some 20 years since I’ve covered any athletic events as an employee of the Galion Inquirer. I did that for maybe 15 years, ending someti...
Galion struggles in final football tuneup
GALION — Galion’s final tuneup prior to this week’s football season opener showed the Tigers need a little work before taking on Buc...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Harvest Festival looking for Queen’s Pageant contestants
CRESTLINE — The Crestline Harvest Festival is accepting applications for the Queen’s Pageant that that takes place Sept. 15 at 7 p.m.Conte...
Through Aug. 31 — The Brush and Palette Art Gallery’s exhibit ” In the Good Ol’ Summertime” features the artwork of area...
July 12COUNCIL MEETING —The Galion City Council will meet at 7 p.m. council chambers, 301 Harding Way East, Galion.July 13PARKS COMMITTEE —...
Leona Hoffman just turned 91GALION — Leona Hoffman celebrated her 91st birthday Wednesday.She was born in Mansfield on July 6, 1915 to the late ...
Merle Teetrick turns 90 this monthGALION — Merle Teetrick will celebrate his 90th birthday July 18.He was born in Galion, Ohio on July 18, 1926 ...
‘Shawshank Redemption’ 1, Summer Games 0
Some decisions are easy. The “Shawshank Redemption” was on TV last weekend. It’s on pretty often. But the Olympics are on every four years...
Good or bad, kids emulate their parents
Every child picks up behavior they learn at home. They may model their parent’s positive behavior — like saying please and thank you. They...
I’m a Baby Boomer? No way!
Well … that’s disappointing. I started to right a column for the next edition of Galion Inquirer and while doing a little research — yes, at ...
One more column about my favorite topic
If you follow me on Facebook or on Twitter @russkent — and why wouldn’t you? — you already know a great deal about me. In person, I&...
Dove hunting has challenges
It is hard to believe with all this hot and dry weather we have been having that hunting season is right around the corner. Before you know it, the ni...
New Galion business will produce ammo, 10 jobs
GALION — An ordinance passed by Galion City Council on Tuesday evening opens the door for a new manufacturing business to operate at 601 South St. ...
Schilling Graphics celebrates 50 years of growth
With three expansions, two acquisitions and nearly 100 employees across the nation, growth has been the major theme for Schilling Graphics Inc. as it ...
North Central Ohio area unemployment down in May
The year-to-year jobless rate for counties in the North Central Ohio area dropped in May.The unemployment rate for Crawford County was 5.2 percent las...
May housing sales up in Crawford County
Year-to-year housing sales in Crawford County increased in May.There were 30 homes sold countywide last month compared with 27 in May 2015, according ...
Former country club begins new era
New ownership of the former Galion Country Club are planting the seeds for the property to bloom in 2017.It’s a period of transition for the 90-...
Shareholders approve merger of FirstMerit into Huntington
FirstMerit Corp. and Huntington Bancshares Inc. announced Monday that each company’s shareholders have approved the proposed merger of FirstMeri...