The Galion-Crestline Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors recognizes the importance of our schools to the success of our community and endorses the upcoming 5-year 7.73 mill Galion City Schools RENEWAL levy that will be on the November 2015 ballot.
A YES vote will allow our schools to do the following:
* Allows the district to continue operations at present levels
* Allows the district to provide infrastructure and equipment for the One-to One computing program
* Allows the district to continue offering visual and performing arts (marching band, choirs, drama and art programs
* Allows the district to offer extensive extra-curricular and sports offerings with no costs to district families
* Allows the district to provide transportation that exceeds state minimum requirements for all students and not just those within two miles of the schools (Kindergarten through grade 12)
* Allows the district to offer a rigorous curriculum for students, that includes extensive post-secondary options
* Allows the district to offer an academic program that produces seniors who are awarded scholarships in excess of $1 million annually.
* Allows the district to produce academic, extra-curricular and co-curricular award winners at the regional and state levels
* Allows the district to produce students that receive National representation including: United States Youth Senate Program delegate; Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade participant; Class of 2015 National Merit Scholarship recipient and National Merit Scholarship Program commended student
NO NEW TAXES!
The Galion-Crestline Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors urge you to vote YES on November 3rd.