The University of Akron
The University of Akron recently announced its fall 2015 Dean’s List. Area students include:
Eleanor Frye of Galion. Frye is majoring in Respiratory Therapy Tech – PA.
Makaila Grimes of Galion. Grimes is majoring in Nursing – Pre-admission.
Leianna Massie of Crestline. Massie is majoring in Dietetics-Didactic Program.
Laura Metzger of Crestline. Metzger is majoring in Nursing – Pre-admission.
Anna Salvati of Crestline. Salvati is majoring in Interior Design.
* Emily Donahue of Crestline is a member of Ashland University’s Honor Society.
Donahue is majoring in nursing.
She is the daughter of Scott and Karen Donahue of Crestline. Donahue is a 2013 graduate of Shelby Senior High School.
The Honors Society is a student-run organization that plans a variety of social, educational and service events for Honors Program students, thereby strengthening the learning community by building friendships outside the classroom.
* Kristen Stafford of Galion is a member of Ashland University’s Philosophy Club.
Stafford is majoring in social work.
Stafford is a 2003 graduate of Mount Vernon High School.
The Philosophy Club at Ashland University provides students with the opportunity to discuss various philosophical concepts and ideas. It is an open forum in which members can examine their current belief systems and evaluate them with those of their peers. Guest speakers also are invited at various points during the year to lecture on current affairs, such as political ethics and religious issues.
The University of Findlay
* Kevin Shields, of Bucyrus, graduated from The University of Findlay in December 2015. Shields received the following degree: Master of Physician Assistant.
* The Dean’s List for the fall 2015 semester at The University of Findlay has been announced. To earn this achievement, a student must attain a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Area students include: Kelly Baker of Galion, Nicole Cover of Bucyrus, Jacalyn Ehrman of Galion, Clay Fogle of Bucyrus, Nickyla Garverick of Crestline, Larry Hadamuscin of Galion, Joshua Keller of Galion, Tori Kirian of Galion, Karlee Koge of Bucyrus, Megan Lyons of Galion, Micaela Scott of Bucyrus and Austin Shutler of Bucyrus.
Kent State University
* Area students who were named to Kent State University’s Fall 2015 President’s List include: Alexis Waterer of Galion, Dominic Erlsten of Galion, Kaitlyn Gearhart of Crestline, Michaela Gearhart of Crestline and Trey Quaintance of Galion.
Undergraduate students who obtain a 4.00 GPA while maintaining 15 or more credit hours during the fall qualify to receive this honor.
* The following area students are Fall 2015 Kent State University graduates:
Kyle Manring of Galion.
Lauren Fenton of North Bloomfield.
Monica Boorn of North Bloomfield.
Meghan Curran of North Bloomfield.
* Kent State recognized more than 8,200 undergraduate students who have been named to the Dean’s List for fall 2015.
Area students include: Morgan Skinner of Bucyrus, Meghan Curran of North Bloomfield, Monica Boorn of North Bloomfield, Megan McMasters of North Bloomfield, Kylie Narance of Galion, Jenna Cory of Bucyrus, Alaina Durtschi of Galion, Taylor Mankey of Bucyrus, Aaron Wiebe of North Bloomfield, Cassie Sager of Crestline, Kaitlyn Robinson of New Washington, Melina Ellsworth of North Bloomfield, Joanna Rose of North Bloomfield, Jessica Mankey of Bucyrus, Amy Rietschlin of Crestline, Natasha Najera of Galion, Taylor Baumberger of Bucyrus, Abigail Williams of Bucyrus and Maria Erlsten of Galion.
Undergraduate students who obtain a 3.400 GPA or higher while maintaining 12 or more credit hours during the fall qualify to receive this honor.
Logan Plumley, from Bucyrus, made the Miami University Dean’s List.
Plumley is earning a Bachelor of Science majoring in Life Sciences/Chemistry Education.
Students qualify who achieve a 3.5 or better grade point average for first semester 2015-2016.
Ohio Wesleyan University
Emily Howald of Bucyrus has been named to the 2015 fall semester Dean’s List at Ohio Wesleyan University.
To earn Dean’s List recognition, Ohio Wesleyan students must achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale in all applicable classes.
The following area students earned Walsh University Dean’s List honors for the Fall 2015 semester:
Samantha Sturtz of Bucyrus.
Nichole Sturtz of Bucyrus.
Gabrielle Frizzell of Galion maintained a 3.5 or higher grade point average for the 2015 fall semester and earned a place on the Dean’s List.