The Buckeye Central Board of Education held a work session on Monday, July 21, 2014, at 6:00 p.m. at Buckeye Central Local School. During the work session the Board took a facilities tour and discussed permanent improvements. District “Themes” for the 2014-15 school year were established.
The Buckeye Central Board of Education held their regular monthly board meeting on Thursday, July 24, 2014, at 7:00 p.m. at Buckeye Central Local School.
Treasurer’s Report: Mrs. Ackerman was very happy to report that the close of the fiscal year has brought good financial news. The year-end numbers were very close to the projections made on the updated five-year forecast. The forecast is on file with the Ohio Department of Education. For more information on the year-end numbers please see the “Financial Information” tab on the Buckeye Central webpage.
Superintendent’s Report: Mr. Robinson provided an overview of the July 21 work session. A facilities tour was conducted at the work session with the 2014-15 permanent improvements being discussed. Following the facilities tour the Board members discussed the district’s mission and goals for the upcoming year. Ultimately, five “themes” were identified to guide the district throughout the 2014-15 school year. These themes are listed below. Mr. Robinson also reported that many positive activities were taking place in the district in preparation for a successful, positive 2014-15 school year. August 20th is quickly approaching.
The board approved the following Superintendent recommendations:
- Board of Education “Themes” for 2014-15 – 1.) Fiscal Responsibility, 2.) Academic Excellence, 3.) Buckeye Central “Pride,” 4.) Unity, 5.) Communications.
- Building use form for Together We Hurt, Together We Heal on Saturday, November 1 with Scott Blevins in charge
- Building use form for the Class of 1969 on Saturday, September 20 with Sue Logsdon in charge
- Three high school (9-12) special education Courses of Study for 2014-15 school year
- Encroachment License Agreement between the Board of Education and Chad/Brandi Jensen
- Contracts with North Central Ohio Educational Service Center for Audiology Services & Services for the Hearing Impaired for the 2015 fiscal year
- Annual District membership in Northwestern Ohio Educational Research Council
- Annual Membership Contribution to Crawford County Family and Children First Council
- Administrative salaries as per schedule for 2014-15 school year
- Settlement Agreement with W.A.T.C.H TV Company and five other school district boards of education
- Matthew Millinger as Elementary Principal K-6 with a 2 year contract
- Matthew Millinger as Elementary Principal K-6 on an as needed hourly basis for month of July 2014
- Resignation of Jennifer Haynes, Guidance Counselor (K-12)
- Hiring Christine Close as Guidance Counselor (K-12) with a one year limited contract
- Jacquelyn Stockmaster move to Masters +15 on payscale
The following certificated employees for supplemental positions listed: Chad Jensen – Baseball, Head Coach; Tyler Pope – Baseball, Assistant Coach; Zac Kaple – Golf, Volunteer Boys Assistant; Pam Hout as a regular route Bus Driver for the 2014-15 school year.
The following classified employees for the supplemental position listed: Tracy Bordner – Volleyball 8th grade; Michael Dean – Baseball, Junior Varsity; Jack Kidwell – Golf, Girls
Classified substitutes listed below (pending satisfactory ORC background check): Tammy Allgyre, Food Service, Secretary; Michael Dean, Aide; Lisa Delarber, Food Service; Bob Dille, Bus Driver; Judy Fox, Food Service; Paul Gardner, Food Service, Custodian; Liza Hafner, Aide, Food Service, Secretary; Ann Heibertshan, Aide, Food Service, Secretary; Eli Hershberger, Bus Driver; Dennis Heydinger, Bus Driver; Jerome Heydinger, Bus Driver; Pam Hout, Food Service, Custodian; Tammy Hushour, Food Service; Dena Kilgore, Secretary, Library Aide; George Lewis, Bus Driver; Laura Pope, Food Service, Secretary; Tyler Pope, Bus Driver; Julie Ramey, Food Service, Secretary; Ted Sabo, Custodian; Eve-Marie Saldivar, Food Service, Secretary; Lori Schneider, Aide; Jair Stout, Aide; Andy Suver, Custodian; Amy Wurm Bus Driver; Sharon Wurm Food Service, Custodian; and Elaine Zeigler, Food Service.
New Business: Representatives from the former Tiro school have expressed interest in obtaining the header/corner stones from the original building.
The Buckeye Central Board of Education will hold the next monthly board meeting on, Thursday, August 14, 2014, at Buckeye Central Local School at 938 South Kibler Street, New Washington in the Multi-Purpose Room at 7:00 p.m. The Board of Education will hear the public through the public hearing request process that is defined by the Ohio Revised Code and the Board Policy. Participation forms are located on the District’s website.