Fire damages Galion duplex

A fire Friday afternoon damaged a duplex on 217 E. Walnut St. in Galion. According to officials, the fire started in the back of a duplex in a common laundry room/kitchen and spread to a common attic. Initial reports indicated that there was 25 percent damage to structure and contents. No one was at home at the time of the fire, but officials say two dogs died in the blaze. One cat was rescued as of press time and another cat was missing. Officials said the laundry room was a total loss and there was smoke damage through the house.

comments powered by Disqus