The Galion-Crestline Area Chamber of Commerce’s 11th annual Holiday Open House/Auction kicked off the holiday season earlier this month.
There were more than 240 Chamber members and their guests that attended the event on Dec. 3 at St. Joseph Activity Center in Galion.
The tables were adorned with holiday decorations and favors, and Galion Community Hospital Food Services provided refreshments to complement the Christmas music.
Christmas music by LaMar Wyse on the keyboard was enjoyed by all during the silent auction portion of the event.
Following the silent auction and raffle drawing, Craig Miley of Miley Realty and Auction served as auctioneer for the live auction which featured nearly 50 items.
Raffle winners included Matt Horn ($1,000), Jeremy Guy ($750), Kathy Shambre ($500) and Amy Rupp ($250).
This year’s auction items included a family membership to the Galion Community Center-YMCA, advertising packages, OSU items, gift baskets, gift certificates, a couples athletic pass to all Galion and Crestline home sporting events, a combination propane and charcoal grill, jewelry, pro-sports tickets, day on Lake Erie for eight people and iPads.
Chamber Events for 2016
• Economic Development Update & Forecast Breakfast, Free Methodist Christian Life Center, 7:30 a.m. March 8
• Annual Meeting & Awards Breakfast with Galion Betterment Commission, Polk Township Building, 7:30 a.m. May 10
• Chamber/McDonald’s Golf Outing at Galion Country Club, shotgun start at noon June 23.
• Manufacuter’s Breakfast, details to be determined, Oct. 6.
• Holiday Open House/ Auction, Galion Moose Lodge #303, 5 p.m. Dec. 1.
Reach Klein at 419-468-1117, ext. 2048 or on Twitter at @brandoneklein.