Birth of a church


Today’s historical photo from the Galion Historical Society is of St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, which was built in the early 1870s on the corner of North Washington Street and Payne Avenue. The school, which at the very beginning contained two classrooms, was at the rear of the church. On June 21, 1953, the church held its final service before merging with St. Joseph Catholic Church.


Today’s historical photo from the Galion Historical Society is of St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, which was built in the early 1870s on the corner of North Washington Street and Payne Avenue. The school, which at the very beginning contained two classrooms, was at the rear of the church. On June 21, 1953, the church held its final service before merging with St. Joseph Catholic Church.

Today’s historical photo from the Galion Historical Society is of St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, which was built in the early 1870s on the corner of North Washington Street and Payne Avenue. The school, which at the very beginning contained two classrooms, was at the rear of the church. On June 21, 1953, the church held its final service before merging with St. Joseph Catholic Church.
http://galioninquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/web1_Photograph-4-.jpgToday’s historical photo from the Galion Historical Society is of St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, which was built in the early 1870s on the corner of North Washington Street and Payne Avenue. The school, which at the very beginning contained two classrooms, was at the rear of the church. On June 21, 1953, the church held its final service before merging with St. Joseph Catholic Church.
comments powered by Disqus